Using the Hashboard CLI
The Hashboard CLI allows you to create Preview and Deploy Builds directly from your terminal or continuous integration system.
View changes before publishing to your project
Update your Hashboard resources
Download and sync config files from existing resources
Download a token to authenticate your CLI client
Manage cached resource data
List available database connections
List available tables in a database
Upload data files directly to DuckDB database connections
The CLI allows you to integrate Hashboard into your existing development and deployment process. As an example, below is a recommended workflow for making changes to Hashboard resources or upstream data:
- Store your Hashboard configuration files in a git repo alongside your data pipeline code.
- Run your pipelines to populate test data into a separate database or schema. If you use dbt for your data pipline check out the dbt integration documentation to see how to seamlessly combine your dbt and Hashboard workflows.
- Adjust your Hashboard configuration files as necessary to reflect your intended changes.
hb previewto create a Preview Build, adjusting the
sourcesection of your model(s) to point at your test dataset.
- Make any necessary adjustments in the Preview and re-export your new configuration files.
- Send a Pull Request for all the pending changes, including a link to your Preview Build.
- Merge the Pull Request into your
hb deploy --git-revision=mainto deploy your new Hashboard resources to your project.