Understanding Resource Lineage is crucial for maintaining the integrity and reliability of your Hashboard projects. This feature provides a comprehensive view of dependencies among various resources, enabling better decision-making when making changes.
Hashboard validates dependencies in real-time when you make changes that could impact a dashboard or other resources.
- Deleting a measure or attribute used in a saved exploration triggers a warning and shows you which saved explorations would be affected by your change.
- Deleting a data model that's in use shows all current usages.
- When triggering a project build preview, downstream impacts of your changes are listed.
The Resource Lineage can be viewed as a dependency graph giving you different perspectives on how resources are connected.
Follow this link: Resource Lineage (opens in a new tab) or
- Click the More menu in the navigation sidebar.
- Select DataOps from the menu.
- Scroll to Resource Lineage or
- Navigate to the resource you are interested in.
- Click on the dropdown three dots button at the top right of the page.
- Select Resource Lineage from the dropdown menu.
You can see the column-level lineage for any measure or attribute, which can help you when refactoring code or trying to see the impacts of your changes.
- Goto to the models page (opens in a new tab)
- Edit a model
- Click on any attribute or measure to show the details
View dependenciesto see a list of all resources that depend on the column