Hashboard can directly create Preview and Deploy Builds using configuration files stored in an external Git repository. This workflow is useful for situations when installing and using the Hashboard CLI is impractical.
To configure your Git credentials:
- Navigate to the
Settings(opens in a new tab) page using the link in the project dropdown.
- Click on
- Enter your connection settings for the git repository.
- To configure your credentials, provide an authorization token or a username and password.
- We recommend you use an access token to restrict access to just appropriate resources:
- The Name field is optional and will just help users identify in plain language what repository you configured for your project, eg: "engineering data pipeline repo"
- The default branch will be used as the default for builds, usually "main", "master" or "production"
- The default path describes the root of your Hashboard credentials directory within the repo
- Click the
🗼Testbutton to test your git credentials.
After you've configured a Git repository, you can navigate to the
Builds (opens in a new tab) page and click
+ New Build to create a new Build, with the following options: