Sharing to Slack
Owners can connect their Hashboard project to any Slack workspace. This lets users in your project
share saved explorations and dashboards directly to Slack channels with added notes and context. You can also schedule
automated reports to keep your team up to date with important metrics.
- Go to
Integrations(opens in a new tab) section in the
- Under the
Add to Slack.
Allowon the next page to authorize the Hashboard app for Slack to access your Slack workspace.
Return to Settingson the next page to return to Hashboard.
Once someone in your Hashboard project has connected the integration for Slack, Hashboard users with appropriate permissions
can share saved explorations and dashboards to Slack. By default, this is restricted to
- Open a saved exploration or dashboard in Hashboard.
- Click the
Sharedropdown at the top right corner and select the
Share to Slackoption.
- In the modal that opens, select the Slack channels you'd like to share to and optionally enter a comment with any context. Only public channels, and private channels to which you've specifically added the Hashboard app for Slack, will appear.
Sendand your report will appear in Slack within the next minute or so.
When a Hashboard report is shared to Slack, it arrives with a few buttons prompting your team with next steps they can take:
- Open in Hashboard: In a new browser tab, opens the Hashboard resource backing the report.
- Add Schedule: In a new browser tab, opens a Hashboard modal for creating an automated schedule for the report.
You can configure recurring reports to be sent to Slack on a schedule by selecting Schedule recurring report at the bottom of the Share to Slack form and then clicking Set Schedule.
On the next page, you can configure your report schedule:
- Choose when you want the report sent:
- Pick the time you want it sent at (all times are in Eastern Time).
If there's a problem and data doesn't load:
- The Slack message won't be sent.
- A direct message is sent to the person who set up the report, letting them know there was a problem.
To change or delete a scheduled report, click "More" in the the sidebar and then Scheduled reports (opens in a new tab).
From there, you can edit or delete the reports you've scheduled.
Contact us at email@example.com if you run into any issues.